Seth Worley is a writer/director of short films and branded content for clients like JJ Abram’s Bad Robot, Red Giant, Film Riot, and Steve Taylor. He is also the co-founder of Plot Devices, and he makes killer VFX tutorial videos framed by story. Strap in for a great episode on VFX tutorials, balancing being a filmmaker with marketing tools, and the story of why he cofounded Plot Devices.
- Oren – Captain Disillusion on YouTube; put a trash can in the middle of your party; the top of a wine bottle is a beer bottle opener
- Matt – Podcast But Outside video where they got out of needing to have a filming permit. http://podcastbutoutside.libsyn.com/
- Seth – Cilantro Mexican Grill, North Hollywood. Has a great story behind it.
- Nick Campbell at Greyscalegorilla https://greyscalegorilla.com/about/
- Content Aware Fill technology. For removing something from your video
- Creative Screenwriting podcast
- John August’s Writer Emergency Pack https://store.johnaugust.com/products/writer-emergency-pack-single-deck
- Baron Fig notebook https://www.baronfig.com/
- Spark Notebook (Amazon)
- Just Shoot It episode w Emily Best https://justshootitpodcast.com/2018/11/02/fund-your-movie-w-seed-sparks-founder-emily-best-liz-manashil-guest-host-just-shoot-it-135/
- Story Clock notebook https://plotdevices.co/pages/how-to-use-the-storyclock-notebook
- Story Clock workbook (bigger version) https://plotdevices.co/products/storyclock-workbook
- Storyboard Notebook for storyboards https://plotdevices.co/collections/storyboard
Contribute to the Just Shoot It Patreon and help support the show: www.patreon.com/JustShootItPodAs always, follow @MrMattEnlow (www.twitter.com/MrMattEnlow) and Oren @SmiteyPieLeg(www.twitter.com/SmiteyPieLeg) on twitter.
For more episodes visit www.JustShootitPodcast.com
Show your support: rate and review us on iTunes. apple.co/2fl9ojy
See who are guests are a week early on our instagram @JustshootItPod(www.instagram.com/justshootitpod/)
Music was provided by the free music archive and by Jahzzar.
Just Shoot It is a podcast about directing, filmmaking and storytelling. Each week we interview your directors, screenwriters, editors, cinematographers, and actors, and learn how they became successful, working content creators. We’re all about getting off your butt and making your own videos. We’ll share tips and stories of how people in the entertainment industry forced their ways into sustainable careers.
Matt Enlow is a director working in comedy. His website is mrmattenlow.com
Oren Kaplan is a director and VFX artist who has directed the theatrical feature, The Hammer, a Lifetime movie, and countless branded content videos. His website is directedbyoren.com