Documentarian Abby Fuller joins the Just Shoot It conversation to reveal how she got started in documentary, how she finds story in unlikely places, and how she got her dream job directing for the hit Netflix series, Chef’s Table.
Butcher Brother Phil Flores talks about entering the world of prestige television, pitching to networks and production companies, and what it takes to sell a TV show idea.
Phil: Lindsey Flores: IAmLindseyFlores
and Lagunitas IPA
Oren: Sony MDR 7506 headphones
Call us at (262) 6-SHOOT-1, and we’ll air your voicemail on the show!
Filmmaker Justin Lerner sits down with Just Shoot It hosts Matt and Oren to share insight on having two festival hits, and how Justin charts his career trajectory with an independent auteur driven vision in mind.
In the 22nd episode of Just Shoot It Melissa Hunter talks to us about how she turned her hit web series Adult Wednesday Addams into a career in TV.
In the 21st episode of Just Shoot It Paul Briganti joins us to talk about directing two TV shows simultaneously – Adam Ruins Everything and The Middle of the Night Show.
Paul: Red Oaks on Amazon Prime
Oren: Film Riot
Matt: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
In the 20th episode of Just Shoot It Oren walks us through the ins and outs of shooting a TV commercial for… you guessed it: Quiznos.
Oren: Oren’s new treadmill
Matt: Song Exploder
In the 19th episode of Just Shoot It Matt and Oren talk pitching, Producers vs. Directors and when not to take a job.
Matt: Watching a movie you only kinda like 10 times in a row.
In the 18th episode of Just Shoot It we talk to director Tony Yacenda about his viral hit Save Dat Money.
Check it out:
Tony: Sick in the Head
Matt: Go to coffee with a new person once a week! It’s just good advice.
In the 17th episode of Just Shoot It we talk explore the online popularity and awards, and how they can effect your career. Learn the secrets to getting millions of views on your videos and an Emmy nomination or your money back.
Oren: The Hollywood Economist
In the 16th episode of Just Shoot It Oren goes through his favorite ideas of what to do on set so that your editor has options in post. We also discuss listener questions and set etiquette. Buckle in.
– Chad Vader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-t5V_fHDgI
– Quiznos Burn Trials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVBHRD5lNU
– Set Etiquette http://masteringfilm.com/12-essential-set-etiquette-tips/
– Directing for a Smooth Edit
1. Technical Stuff
* Slate in the first frame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7BPX8oEeE
* 180 degree rule http://learnaboutfilm.com/film-language/sequence/180-degree-rule/
* shooting inserts
* “operate a little bit more”
2. Bonus Shots
* At the end of a take, pan over to get some reactions and bits and pieces
* Article about There Will Be Blood inconsistent lighting https://www.theasc.com/ac_magazine/January2008/ThereWillBeBlood/page1.php
3. Coming into a shot
* Move the camera at the opening of a shot
4. Think of Sound
* Record walla in the environment
* Record foley with the props that you have
– Gino Roy’s Previous work for Disney (Blank) https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=FitJ3hgxiAg
– Unpaid Endorsements
* Do NOT Buy Mad Max Fury Road http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Max-Fury-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00XQ13ZSO
* Hannah Lux Davis http://hannahluxdavis.com/
* Music Libraries
+ Extreme Music https://www.extrememusic.com
+ Audio Jungle http://audiojungle.net
+ Premium Beat http://premiumbeat.com
+ Killer Tracks http://killertracks.com
+ Audio Socket http://audiosocket.com